There's nothing like the feeling of receiving an award --
Oh -- the sense of satisfaction and validation -- and a good old fashioned pat on the back...
Stacey from Steward of Design recently gave me The Liebster Award and I'm here to share....
The Liebster Award is an award that new bloggers give out to other new bloggers to sort of share the love and maybe share some readers.
1. Answer the 11 questions posed
2. Post 11 facts about themselves
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers
4. Tell them that they have been nominated
5. Create a list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer
So here it goes:
11 Questions given to me:
1. Where were you born? California
2. What is your biggest accomplishment? The raising of our two beautiful sons, ages 17 and 20
3. If you could live anywhere, where would you live? I'd move back to Honolulu, Hawaii where my family moved when I was age 3 and where I had the most wonderful childhood
4. What did you want to be when you were young? A movie star, baby! Think 'Ginger' from Gilligan's Island
5.What movie had a huge impact on you? JAWS! Holy cow! Imagine living in Hawaii and watching that movie when it first came out on the big screen! Yowza!
6. What is your favorite TV sitcom? See answer 4. :) Although Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie could also be included. Okay, and The Brady Bunch
7. Your first concert? Okay, now I'm aging myself. Pablo Cruise!
8. First job? I worked for Sunset Magazine in the Marketing Department.
9. Country or Pop or Rap? Rap. Not kidding. I frickin' love Eminem.
10. Beach or mountains? See answer 3. Hawaii, no ka oi!
11. Dream Vacation? I guess it would be any vacation where I didn't get constipated. Sorry, I know, TMI!
11 facts about me: (if you care...)
1. I had lasik surgery and it changed my life. I hated wearing glasses!
2.Years ago, I chased Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid in the Salt Lake City airport with my BFF Betsy, and after getting their autographs, I didn't know what to do with them, so I threw them in the garbage before getting on my next flight.
3. I'm a jcrew shopaholic (but if you read my blog, you might already know that)
4. I always drive my car barefoot. Seriously, I learned to drive in Hawaii where we rarely wore shoes, and I like feeling the gas pedal and brake pedal with my toes. It makes me feel like I'm in control.
5. I love interior design, beautiful fabrics, making things and studying original art.
6. I love to read historical fiction.
7. One of my goals in life is to write a book (yes, historical fiction) about my grandmother who was Miss America in 1925.
8. Are you still reading this? If so, I am in fact, very flattered! :)
9. I met my husband on a blind date.
10. I color my hair. Surprise!
11. I worry about something every day. New day? New worry!
(IF YOU ARE STILL READING, HERE'S THE GOOD STUFF)
I am nominating these fabulous blogs that I enjoy reading to pass the baton of The Liebster Award:
Stephanie of Stephanie Krauss Designs
Kim from Green Room Interiors
Kirsten from Kirsten Marie Inc
J. Waddell of J. Wadell Interiors
Kim of Kim Macumber Interiors
Nominees, if you wish to accept this mission and continue to spread the love to new bloggers.....Here are your questions:
1. What inspires you in your work?
2. What is your best accomplishment that is work related?
3. When do you find time to blog?
4. Are you super computer savvy? Or are you just winging it when it comes to blogging?
5. What are your favorite color combinations?
6. If you had a do-over, what would you choose?
7. Have you ever lived outside of the United States?
8. What are you still 'dreaming' of doing?
9. Do you have any regrets?
10. What makes you happy?
11. If you could have two dinner guests from history (if they are deceased, let's just pretend they could still attend), who would they be and why?